Apple Walnut Salad
- 1/4 cup Walnut oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 head red leaf lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 1 Granny Smith apple medium, thinly sliced
- 1 Gala apple medium, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted and broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
Combine the 4 dressing ingredients and whisk until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
On a large plate or platter, layer lettuce and apples onto the platter. Sprinkle onion, walnuts, cheese, cranberries and parsley on top.
Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Calories: 191kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 2gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 77mgPotassium: 114mgFiber: 2gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 129IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 1mg