Beet Salad with Feta
- 4 medium beets
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium orange juiced (or 1/4 cup orange juice)
- 1 lime juiced (or 2 Tbsp lime juice)
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt more or less to tast
Wash beets and cut both ends off.
Place in pot and cover with 2 inches of water.
Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low.
Cook for about 45 minutes until beets are tender. Remove from water, cool, peel and chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
While beets are cooking, combine olive oil, vinegar, juices, minced garlic, honey mustard and salt. Whisk until mixed thoroughly.
Place chopped beets in a bowl. Top with feta cheese and then parsley. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss. Serve on a bed of beet greens.
Calories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 7gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 767mgPotassium: 665mgFiber: 6gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 425IUVitamin C: 34mgCalcium: 191mgIron: 2mg