- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium potato quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh herbs marjoram, basil, tarragon, or oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet.
- Saute potatoes and onions, covered, stirring frequently until they are tender and golden. Stir in herbs and garlic.
- Pour eggs evenly over sautéed vegetables. Add tomato and sprinkle on cheese. Add pepper to taste.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes until eggs are set and bottom is golden brown.
- Place under preheated broiler for about 2 minutes. Cut frittata in half, to serve. Garnish with fresh herbs.