talian Rotini Salad
Easy side dish or lunch entree.
- 8 oz Rotini whole wheat or gluten free
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup garden peas
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta (or try tomato-basil)
- 1 medium cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1.5 cups Tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 jar marinated artichokes (6oz) drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive halves
- 8 oz chicken breast (free range) microwave until juice is clear and shred into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
Cook the rotini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Mix olive oil, pesto, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the oil pesto dressing and toss.
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve over a bed of greens.