This recipe can easily be modified to include meat by adding marinated beef or chicken cubes.
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- 2 squashes sliced into thick rounds
- For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 juiced lemon
- 1 tbsp Oregano chopped
- 1 tbsp basil chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano and basil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Thread tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and squash onto skewers. Place skewers onto a baking sheet. Brush olive oil mixture onto the skewers and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Place into oven and roast until tender, about 10-12 minutes.*